December 2018 Update - Patch Notes
The Winter 2018 Update has arrived!
There's a ton of new content in this release and we're here to break it all down for you!
New Troop: The Ice Golem
- The Ice Golem is a brand new Dark Elixir Troop that unlocks at Town Hall 11 when you update your Dark Barracks to level 8.
New Spell: Bat Spell
- The Bat Spell is a new Dark Elixir Spell that targets enemy defenses with an army of angry bats.
New Siege Machine: The Stone Slammer
- The Stone Slammer is a brand new TH12 Siege Machine that targets enemy defenses from the skies by dropping devastating boulders and causes splash damage.
New Magic Items: Shovel of Obstacles & Hero Potion
- The Shovel of Obstacles allows you to move a single obstacle on your village anywhere on the map.
- The Hero Potion will grant your Hero +5 levels up to the max allowed for your Town Hall level.
New Building Levels
- Dark Barracks level 8
- Dark Spell Factory level 5
- Siege Workshop level 3
Other Changes (Home Village)
- New extra War Layout slots are available: first extra slot costs 1000 gems, second extra slot costs 1500 gems, third extra slot costs 2000 gems.
- Players can change the Siege Machine/Clan Castle choice after the battle begins but before any units have been deployed.
- Grand Warden mode can be changed during battle before it has been deployed
- Any excess League Medals over the cap of 2500 will receive their rewards in the form of Gems. The conversion rate is 10 League Medals per Gem.
- New Achievement: Signing in to your Supercell ID account.
- Support for 2018 iPad Pro model.
- Very wide screen devices like the iPhone X and Honor P20 will now have a bit more space to zoom out so players can see as much village as on other devices.
- Settings menu: Enable/disable 2-row unit deployment bar in Home Village (tablets only, disabled by default).
Balance Changes (Builder Base)
- Reduce Cannon Cart DPS by 15%
- Make 3rd Cannon Cart available at level 10 instead of 16
- Reduce Super P.E.K.K.A HP by 5%
- Increase Baby Dragon HP by 7.5%
- Reduce upgrade times of Builder Base troops in Star Laboratory
- Make it possible to upgrade Gem Mine up to level 3 in Builder Hall level 3
- The village editor view mode does not reset to normal when toggling erase mode while scout or wall mode is enabled.
- Hide the effect of unarmed traps when scout or wall mode is enabled.
- Fixed (again) Wall Wreckers getting stuck on decorations.
- Fixed clan badge occasionally blinking for 1 frame when Clan Castle is in sleep mode.
- Donated Siege Machines gives 30 housing space to Clan Games tasks.
- Setting name during tutorial is correctly using profanity filter instead of causing out of sync.
- Clock Tower boost will remain paused after maintenance
- Before starting a battle in Builder Base, if a defensive building or trap is under construction it will show its proper level graphics in the icon.
Seasonal Clashmas Content
- Loading screen
- Holiday music
- Seasonal obstacle
- Snow effect and snow-covered buildings (Turn Snow on/off in the More Settings menu).