News, Jan 27, 2020
Clash of Clans World Championship 2020!
Welcome to the Clash of Clans 2020 World Championship! Let the battle for the $1,000,000 prize pool...BEGIN!
They say hindsight is 20/20, but with the 2020 World Championship about to begin, the future is looking incredibly bright!
Join the millions of players from around the world battling in the Clan War Leagues or ESL Play Pre-Qualifiers and WAR for the $1,000,000 prize pool.
Rally Your Clan and Conquer the Competition
Sharpen those Barbarian swords, fletch those Archer arrows, and polish the Royal Champion’s Seeking Shield. With 6 months of Championship Qualifiers, becoming a Clash legend is within your reach!
To Qualify In-Game:
- Compete in the Champions I League during the in-game Clan War Leagues seasons between February through July (will be played on the 1st-11th of each month).
- Every month, the top Clans will be selected from the group winners of each Champions I league.
- The top Champions I Clans will be selected based on their Total Stars (Attack Stars + Win Bonus Stars). In case of a tie, the tiebreaker will be determined by Destruction percentage (%).
- Each month the top 4 eligible Clans from Champions I will be invited to battle in the 5v5 Offline Qualifier in Katowice, Poland.
- Each of the qualifying Clans will be confirmed by Supercell at the conclusion of each season. The top 4 Clans will have a priority slot for that month's Offline Qualifier. If a Clan declines the spot or cannot attend the qualifier, the spot will be offered to the next highest ranking Clan.
- The qualifying Clan's Leader will be contacted by Supercell via the in-game inbox. The Clan Leader has 24 hours to confirm their participation in that month's Offline Qualifier. If the Clan Leader fails to respond in time or if their Clan isn't available to attend the Offline Qualifier in Katowice, Poland, the spot will be offered to the next ranking Clan.
- The Clan's Leader is responsible for designating which 5 members from their War League roster will represent their Clan in the Offline Qualifier.
ESL Play pre-qualifier:
- First, register to compete on the ESL Clash of Clans Championship website: https://play.eslgaming.com/clashofclans/global
- Each pre-qualifier will take place on the weekend following each month's in-game qualifier, between February and July.
- The top 4 winning teams will advance to the monthly Katowice, Poland Offline Qualifier.
- ESL Play Pre-Qualifier format:
- 5v5 Town Hall 13 Friendly Wars
- 15-minute preparation, 1-hour War
- Single elimination, Best of One (winners advance after one played match in each round)
New Changes for the 2020 Qualifiers:
- To allow more time for visa applications and the acquisition of necessary documents, we have increased the time between the Clan War Leagues/ESL Play Pre-Qualifier and the Katowice Qualifier tournament.
- To understand which month you are competing for, please view the schedule below:
- February 2020 Clan War Leagues/ESL Play: Katowice Tournament date March 25-28th, 2020
- March 2020 Clan War Leagues/ESL Play: Katowice Tournament date April 22-26th, 2020
- April 2020 Clan War Leagues/ESL Play: Katowice Tournament date May 27-31th, 2020
- May 2020 Clan War Leagues/ESL Play: Katowice Tournament date June 24-28th, 2020
- June 2020 Clan War Leagues/ESL Play: Katowice Tournament date July 22-26th, 2020
- July 2020 Clan War Leagues/ESL Play: Katowice Tournament date August 26-30th, 2020.
Fair Play Policy
- All Clans must be eligible to compete at the Qualifiers by being in good-standing in accordance with Supercell’s Fair Play policy and Terms of Service.
- Clans will be checked for any violations, including but not limited to account sharing, botting, modding, or any other violations that may disqualify players from the qualification process.
- For additional information regarding Supercell’s Fair Play Policy and Terms of Service.
Travel and Accomodation
- Please note that the Offline Qualifier is a physical event in Katowice, Poland and all 5 Clan members must be able to travel there.
- Flights and accommodations will be handled by ESL.
- All participants must be over 18 years old, must be able to travel to Poland, and must have all required travel documents, including a valid passport and any necessary visas required to travel to Poland.
Note: If a visa cannot be obtained within the required time frame then the Clan will be disqualified from attending that month’s qualifier. However, this does not disqualify you from competing in future qualifiers if the Clan can obtain the proper travel documentation. Supercell and ESL may not be able to expedite any visa applications.
See you at the 2020 World Championship!
If your Clan emerges victorious at any of the Katowice Qualifiers, you will automatically earn a Golden Ticket. This is your guaranteed spot to compete at the 2020 World Championship Final! With six monthly Qualifiers, along with 2 wildcards, you will have eight chances to cement a spot on stage at our World Championship.
If you’ve got what it takes to WAR against the best then don’t miss this chance to stand shoulder to shoulder with the greatest Clashers from around the world!